Now you can buy life insurance plans completely online right here.
Kotak e-Term Plan is a pure term plan that provides a high level of protection to your loved ones in your absence.
Our representative will get in touch with you at the earliest.
Paying taxes is important, but the procedure to calculate and file them can seem tricky. To make this process simpler, the Income Tax Department of India provides a lot of helpful online tools for you to use. From viewing your tax-related information to calculating how much tax is due, these options available on the Income Tax Department’s website are very convenient. The income tax 26AS is one such tool.
Form 26AS shows all the information regarding your taxes. It is a consolidated credit statement. From Tax Collected at Source (TCS), Regular Assessment Tax, and Tax Deducted at Source (TDS) to Assessment Tax and Advance Tax—there are many different types of income tax deduction that are charged on your income. On the website TRACES 26AS is presented where you can find the division clearly so that you can learn all the details about your income tax dues. This detailed statement is very helpful in understanding all the tax that has been credited to your account.
If you are wondering how to view Form 26AS online, you will be happy to know that the process is rather simple.The form is available on the official website of the Income Tax Department of India. If you want to find out how to view Form 26A without registration, you must know that unfortunately, it is not possible. You need to first register on the Income Tax Department’s website and then view the form. You can also log in by using your net banking account. Below are the banks that are registered with NSDL (National Securities Depository Limited) to view Form 26AS online:
Form 26AS can be viewed and downloaded from the TRACES website in a PDF format. Follow the steps given below to understand how to download Form 26AS:
1. Visit ‘https://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in’ website
2. Login to your account by entering your PAN number, password and the given Captcha code. You can also log in by using your net banking account.
3. If you do not have an account, you can click on ‘Register’ and enter your details to create one.
4. Click on ‘My Account’ and go to ‘View Form 26AS’ as seen in the following picture
5. A disclaimer will be shown as you will be redirected to TRACES website which is a government portal. Click on ‘Confirm’.
6. After you have been redirected to TRACES, you will see a pop box as seen in the picture below. Tick the small box to agree to terms & conditions and click on ‘Proceed’.
7. Click ‘View Tax Credit (Form 26AS)’ link present at the bottom of the page
8. Now select the assessment year and the format to view the Form 26AS
9. Select the format as ‘HTML’ if you want to view the form
10. You can also download the Form 26AS by selecting the format as ‘PDF’
11. Enter the ‘Verification code’ and click on ‘View/Download’
12. To open the downloaded file, you will have to enter a password which is your date of birth. Enter your DOB in the DD/MM/YYYY format to open the PDF successfully.
Now that you have viewed and downloaded Form 26AS, assess the details of Tax Deducted at Source (TDS) and Tax Collected at Source (TCS).
Read Here for More Related Articles:
Kotak Assured Savings Plan is an affordable protection plan that enables you to accumulate wealth and strengthens your finances for the future.Know more