Now you can buy life insurance plans completely online right here.
Kotak e-Term Plan is a pure term plan that provides a high level of protection to your loved ones in your absence.
The Kotak Health Shield Plan helps secure your finances in times of sudden medical expenses related to illness such as Cardiac, Liver, Neuro and Cancer (all early and major stages of illness /conditions of Cancer); along with offering protection for Personal Accident - in case of accidental death or disability.
Kotak Lifetime Income Plan gives you the assurance of your income continuing throughout your life and in your absence throughout the lifetime of your spouse!
Our representative will get in touch with you at the earliest.
Cancer is one of the deadliest diseases affecting human beings. For 2020, in India alone, the expected incidence of cancer patients among males was over 6.5 lakhs and among females was 7.1 lakhs. Moreover, in the Cancer Statistics Report 2020 issued by the National Cancer Registry Programme, one in every nine Indians will likely develop cancer between 0-75 years of age. That said, the cost of cancer treatment in the country has increased manifold. Given such a rising burden of cancer disease and its sharply rising cost in India, it is advisable for everyone to follow a healthy lifestyle, avoid triggers and take good care of their health. Fighting cancer is emotionally, physically and financially draining. Several government initiatives aim to provide low-cost cancer treatment to patients in India. In addition, there are some well-known institutes in the country, which provide end-to-end, free cancer treatment, with the help of the government and donations from across the world.
Here are the top five institutes in India that offer free cancer treatment:
1. TATA MEMORIAL HOSPITAL, Mumbai:One of the oldest cancer hospitals in India, TATA MEMORIAL HOSPITAL was set up in 1941 by Sir Dorabji Tata. The hospital is a classic example of private philanthropy and government partnership for better service, research and treatment in the field of cancer. Today, the institute takes pride in the advanced cancer treatment techniques and cancer research. Every year more than 6,000 new patients visit the different clinics of the hospital from across the country, as well as neighbouring countries. More than 60% of such patients get primary cancer treatment at the hospital, and 70% of these patients get cancer treatment free-of-cost. In addition to providing patient care and service, the hospital supports various clinical research programmes and trials, which enable the hospital to enhance patient care delivery. The hospital is known for its trained staff and experienced doctors. TATA MEMORIAL HOSPITAL is also well-equipped for all types of cancer and related diagnostics tests, such as ultrasounds, MRIs, CT scans, real-time nuclear medicine scanning, PET scans, and more. The hospital has further progressed its capability in the space of radiation therapy and chemotherapy, owing to clinical trials and research. In 1983, the TATA MEMORIAL HOSPITAL was the first institute in India to conduct the Bone Marrow Transplant. That said, the TATA MEMORIAL HOSPITAL hospital also offers supportive care, including total rehabilitation, patient counselling, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, medical social work, and more.
Location:Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Address:Dr. E Borges Road, Parel, Mumbai - 400 012 India
Phone:+91-22- 24177000, 24146750 – 55 Fax: +91-22-24146937
2. The Regional Cancer Centre (RCC), Thiruvananthapuram:Established in 1981 by the Government of Kerala and Government of India, RCC is an internationally known institute offering best-in-class facilities for cancer diagnosis, treatment, palliation and rehabilitation. The RCC is owned by the state and operates under the ‘National Cancer Control Programme’ of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. The centre caters to cancer patients in the state of Kerala and nearby areas of the states of Tamil Nadu and Karnataka. The RCC is considered as one of the premier cancer hospitals in the country. The centre conducts several extensive research on various types of cancers. In addition to the clinical and scientific progress, RCC also aims to help the less-privileged people suffering from cancer. Approximately 53% of all RCC patients get free cancer treatment, and more than 27% of the patients, especially in the middle-income class group, receive cancer treatment at subsidized rates. The centre provides modern facilities like CT scans, chemotherapy, etc., free-of-cost. In 2014, RCC became the first government-owned cancer hospital to receive the respected NABH accreditation. This and some other significant achievements have made RCC one of the most sought-after cancer hospitals in the country that offers free cancer treatment.
Location:Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India
Address:Medical College Campus,Medical College Road, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala 695011, India
Phone: +91-471-2442541 Fax: +91-471-2442539
3. Cancer Aid and Research Foundation (CARF): A medical NGO and non-profit charitable organization, the Cancer Aid and Research Foundation, India, was founded 2001 to provide standard healthcare and cancer treatment to people at no cost. Up till today, CARF has contributed significantly to provide optimum cancer treatment for less privileged Indians. That said, in addition to providing medical and financial assistance to cancer patients, CARF also supports free accommodation for outstation patients and their families during the course of cancer treatment. This is inclusive of return railway fare to their respective hometown after the completion of the treatment. Further, CARF provides free ambulance service to cancer patients in Mumbai, and free counselling and medical guidance to all patients. In the last 20 years, CARF has worked to provide free cancer treatment to more than 13,000 poor and needy patients across 1782 hospitals in India.
Address:Unit No. 103, Shivkripa Industrial Estate, Vikhroli West, Mumbai-400 083
Phone:+91-22-2300 7000, +91-22-2300 5000
4. Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology (KMIO), Bangalore: KMIO caters to the needy cancer patients from Karnataka and neighbouring states. Each year, the hospital registers nearly 17,000 new cancer patients. The Kidwai Cancer Drug Foundation (KCDF), a unit of KMIO, was founded to provide costly anti-cancer drugs for patients at 50% lesser than the market price. The institute also runs community programmes to spread cancer awareness. It has also established a cancer detection clinic to support the free diagnosis of cancer. The institute has modern machines and state-of-the-art infrastructure to provide free-of-cost cancer treatment to patients below the poverty line.
Location:Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Address:Dr M.H Marigowda Road, Bangalore - 560029, Karnataka, India
Phone:+91-080-26094000 Fax: +91-080-6560723
5. The Cancer Institute (WIA), Chennai:: Established more than 50 years ago, the WIA was set up to offer ‘Service to All’, irrespective of the social or economic status of the patient. The institute is a voluntary public charitable institute, which has been providing dedicated and economical diagnosis and treatment for cancer in the country since its inception. The institute has over 500 beds, of which only 40% are paying beds while the rest are general beds where patients are lodged and boarded free of cost. In addition, 40% of the total patients get advanced cancer treatment without any charge, and the remaining patients pay only a nominal fee, as compared to other hospitals. Furthermore, the institute has an advanced research division, a college of oncological sciences, and another division of preventive oncology. In 1956, the institute became the first place in South East Asia to install the cobalt-60 teletherapy unit. In all, the WIA offers inpatient services, outpatient services, diagnostic services, therapeutic services, radiation oncology, surgical oncology, paediatric oncology, psychology, allied services, and tumour registry.
Address:Cancer Institute (WIA), Sardar Patel Road, Adyar, Chennai, Tamil Nadu - 600 020
In addition to increasing awareness about cancer treatment in India, it is also beneficial to buy a comprehensive health insurance policy that can help you financially battle a Critical disease, such as Cancer. Even in the free-of-cost cancer institutes, some aspects of the treatment are payable by the patient. Further, patients also have to qualify specific criteria to become eligible for free cancer treatment. With a health insurance plan, you can become financially capable of paying your treatment cost, relieving your family from the monetary burden, which would otherwise weigh them down amidst critical times. Cancer is a serious health disease, one which causes several deaths in India and worldwide. Hence, it is best to be fully aware and adequately prepared to fight Cancer.
In this battle, Kotak Life offers you Kotak Heath Shield, a fixed benefit health insurance plan that financially secure you in case of early or major ailments related to Cancer, Cardiac, Liver and Neuro. The Kotak Health Shield plan also offers protection against Personal Accident, including accidental death and disability. You have the flexibility to extend the cover to include your spouse.
The Kotak Health Shield plan charges economical premiums and offers services, such as:
The plan also gives you the option to enhance your health cover with add-on riders,such as:
Your health is your greatest blessing. And today, more than ever, with the rising incidence of diseases and risk factors, it is critical to be prepared to face any future health adversity. Moreover, the related cost of medical treatment has further aggravated the need for reliable financial assets like a health insurance policy. A comprehensive health insurance plan will cover the cost of cancer treatment. Thus, financially securing you and your family against tough situations. Remember, your life is precious, and you deserve the best care possible.
Kotak e-Term Plan is a pure term insurance plan that provides a holistic life protection at affordable prices. Find out the eligibility criteria, key ...Know more
Kotak Life Insurance presents Kotak Premier Income Plan a savings and protection oriented plan that provides Guaranteed Annual Income immediately afte...Know more
A Limited Pay Non-Linked Participating Life Insurance plan. You earn and work hard to accomplish your dreams and aspirations at every stage of life.Know more