Terminal Illness Claim
In the unfortunate event of a terminal illness diagnosis of the life insured, the following documents need to be submitted to the Claims Department as part of the claims procedure:
|Documents to be Submitted*|
|Employer – Employee||Credit Policies||Micro Insurance (Social Sector)*|
|Duly-filled, stamped and signed Rider Claim Intimation Form|
|Certificate of Insurance|
|Life insured's photo ID proof|
|Medical records (consultation notes, treatment records, admission notes, hospital indoor case papers, discharge summary, investigation reports, etc )|
|Life insured's bank account details along with copy of bank passbook / statement|
|Medical questionnaire/ physician statement|
- Kotak Life Insurance reserves the right to require medical examination of the life insured and confirmation of the diagnosis of an Insured Critical Condition by a specified medical practitioner.
- The Claim for Terminal Illness Rider benefit has to be lodged by the life insured within 30 days from the date of diagnosis.
- The Terminal Illness Rider is terminated automatically on admittance of the Terminal Illness claim.
- The Terminal Illness Rider is subject to the conditions and the exclusions as laid down in the "Annexure Terminal Illness" within the Policy Contract.
- All submitted documents must be the original or photocopies attested by a gazetted officer, SEM, magistrate or a person of local standing, e.g. Sarpanch, Talathi, Tahsildar or Police Sub-Inspector.
- All medical reports, documents and certification shall be issued by the attending physician and who is qualified to provide such document/certification according to the laws of India.
- Depending on the facts and circumstances of the claim, Kotak Life Insurance reserves the right to call for and request certain additional documents.
- Kotak Life Insurance reserves the right to conduct an independent investigation/inquiry to prove the authenticity of any claim where it is considered necessary.
These are basic guidelines to assist in the claims procedure. Please refer the Policy Contract for actual claims details.
The documents listed above are basic primary documents to be submitted for each claim. Based on the circumstances and the requirements of the case, Kotak Life Insurance may require further/alternate documents.
NOT SURE WHICH PLAN IS RIGHT FOR YOU?
View Our Insurance Guide
NEED HELP BUYING A PLAN?
Request a Life Advisor