Permanent Disability Claim
For Disability claims, the entire Rider Amount will be paid to the life insured where the life insured is permanently disabled and satisfies the disability criteria in the Annexure within the Policy Contract.
The following documents need to be submitted:
|Documents to be Submitted*|
|Duly-filled Rider Claim Intimation Form|
|Original policy documents|
|Life insured's photo, current address proof and photo ID proof|
|Life insured's copy of bank passbook / statement with bank account details|
|Medical records (consultation notes, treatment records, admission notes, hospital indoor case papers, discharge/ death summary, investigation reports, etc)|
|Medical questionnaire / physician statement to be completed by the doctor/hospital treating the life insured|
|Copy of certified first information report/ inquest/ Panchnama (translation mandatory in the case of vernacular language)|
|Copy of driving license if the life insured was driving the vehicle at the time of accident|
|Disability certificate from the relevant government authority|
- The life insured may have to required to undergo the relevant medical tests conducted by medical physicians specified by Kotak Life Insurance.
- Kotak Life Insurance must be provided with the relevant details:
- Within 30 days of the accident and
- Within 120 days after the happening of disability with proof.
- The Permanent Disability Benefit Rider is terminated automatically on admittance of the PDB claim.
- The Permanent Disability Benefit (PDB) Rider is subject to the conditions and the exclusions as laid down in the "Annexure PDB" within the Policy Contract.
- All submitted documents must be the original or photocopies attested by a gazetted officer, SEM, magistrate or a person of local standing, e.g. Sarpanch, Talathi, Tahsildar or Police Sub-Inspector.
- All medical reports, documents and certification shall be issued by the attending physician and who is qualified to provide such document/certification according to the laws of India.
- Depending on the facts and circumstances of the claim, Kotak Life Insurance reserves the right to call for and request certain additional documents.
- Kotak Life Insurance reserves the right to conduct an independent investigation/inquiry to prove the authenticity of any claim where it is considered necessary.
These are basic guidelines to assist in the claims procedure. Please refer the Policy Contract for actual claims details. The documents listed above are basic primary documents to be submitted for each claim. Based on the circumstances and the requirements of the case, Kotak Life Insurance may require further/alternate documents.
NOT SURE WHICH PLAN IS RIGHT FOR YOU?
View Our Insurance Guide
NEED HELP BUYING A PLAN?
Request a Life Advisor