Ill Health Claim
In the unfortunate event of illness of the Life Insured, the following documents need to be submitted to the Claims Department as part of the claims procedure:
|Documents to be Submitted*|
|Duly-filled Rider Claim Intimation Form|
|Original policy Documents|
|Life Insured's photo, current address proof, photo ID proof|
|Life insured's copy of bank passbook / statement with bank account details|
|Medical records (consultation notes, treatment records, admission notes, hospital indoor case papers, discharge/ death summary, investigation reports, etc)|
|Medical questionnaire/ physician statement|
- Kotak Life Insurance reserves the right to require the medical examination of the life insured and confirmation of the diagnosis of an insured condition by a specified medical practitioner appointed by the company.
- All submitted documents must be the original or photocopies attested by a gazetted officer, SEM, magistrate or a person of local standing, e.g. Sarpanch, Talathi, Tahsildar or Police Sub-Inspector.
- All medical reports, documents and certification shall be issued by the attending physician and who is qualified to provide such document/certification according to the laws of India.
- Depending on the facts and circumstances of the claim, Kotak Life Insurance reserves the right to call for and request certain additional documents.
- Kotak Life Insurance reserves the right to conduct an independent investigation/inquiry to prove the authenticity of any claim where it is considered necessary.
These are basic guidelines to assist in the claims procedure. Please refer the Policy Contract for actual claims details.
The documents listed above are basic primary documents to be submitted for each claim. Based on the circumstances and the requirements of the case, Kotak Life Insurance may require further/alternate documents.
NOT SURE WHICH PLAN IS RIGHT FOR YOU?
View Our Insurance Guide
NEED HELP BUYING A PLAN?
Request a Life Advisor