Claims Information Library
Guidelines on how to fill Claim Intimation Form – Individual Claims
Claim Intimation Form to be filled on the basis of type of claim:
- Photograph of the Claimant must be affixed on the Claim Intimation Form along with signature / thumb impression across the photograph, Click to see an example.
- All the policy nos of affected person should be mentioned to enable complete and faster processing of claim (s), Click to see an example.
- Details of claimant, most importantly the address with pin code, contact nos, email id along with bank details must be completely and correctly filled to enable speedy correspondence, Click to see an example.
- The address mentioned in Claim Intimation Form should match with the valid address proof, Click to see an example.
- All the correspondence is sent to claimant on the current address mentioned in Claim Intimation Form, Click to see an example.
- The Bank Details mentioned in the Claim Intimation Form should match with the proof Submitted, Click to see an example.
- Selection of Payment Option is applicable only for plans particularly stated in the Claim Intimation Form. It is a mandatory requirement for further processing claim payout hence settlement option to be duly ticked under respective plan, Click to see an example.
- The details of affected person must be completely filled. Details of an affected person gives a overview of profile of insured at proposal vis-à-vis claims stage, Click to see an example.
- Complete details of the claim event are very essential as it portrays a synopsis of the causes that led to the claim event, Click to see an example.
- Past history / habits gives us an overview about the health / medical state of the life insured, hence its very vital to provide complete applicable details along with all relevant medical documents supporting the details mentioned. Click to see an example.
- Details of all life insurance policies must be filled including other policies with KLI; If affected person has no other policies the point should not be left blank or crossed NA. It should be mentioned as “Nil” or “No other policies”, Click to see an example.
- Authorisation & Declaration should be completely filled by the claimant. Incase where the claimant signs in any vernacular language / thumb impression, all details of Witness & Scribe to be completely filled to enable us communicate claim correspondences, Click to see an example.
- Authorisation from claimant with respect to the DNC (Do Not Call) guidelines has also been incorporated the Claim Intimation Form hence the said details to be completely and mandatorily filled to enable us communicate claim correspondences.
NOT SURE WHICH PLAN IS RIGHT FOR YOU?
View Our Insurance Guide
NEED HELP BUYING A PLAN?
Request a Life Advisor